Friday, March 16, 2007

End of an era

In January 2006, I ordered a pair of jeans online. Roughly once a month since then, I've written to the company to (a) ask when my jeans would be shipped or (b) demand a refund. I admit that I was too often too easily put off by promises that the company made.

Last November, I filed a complaint with the Illinois attorney general's office, the state in which the company is located. No response.

In January of 2007, I filed complaints with the FTC and the Better Business Bureau. That got a response.

Last month, I got a message promising that my refund check was in the mail. Last week, I finally got it. Today, I found out it cleared my bank.

THE SAGA IS OVER.

What did I learn? Primarily that persistance pays, and that filing a complaint with the BBB is a powerful threat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment