Friday, March 02, 2007

Late shift

I'm working the late shift tonight, which is probably a good thing to do sometimes, as it reminds me how much it sucks. Well, to be honest, I don't mind it all that much. I did the "news late shift" when I first started; this is the "sports late shift", which is later and is what all late shifts have become these days.

I think it's kind of nice to sit alone in the office at night, reordering the news feeds to my own judgement rather than negotiating what other people want. And I don't mind working alone on occasion - too often and I get squirrely, but now and then is good. Saves me from having to deal with pesky people.

3 comments:

  1. Dang pesky people!

    Hope your evening went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the correct word is occasionally. The rest of the time the correct word is sucks. For me, the simple pleasures of the night shift wore off after the first week.

    ReplyDelete