Saturday, March 24, 2007

An odd cat

Zoidberg is an odd cat. He really likes to be in the bathtub.

Zoid in the tub

When he first started getting in, usually after I had just gotten out of the shower and eager to lap up the dirty water left in the tub, I tried my hardest to get him out. I turned the faucet on. I turned the shower on. I dumped a plastic tub of water over him. He didn't like it, but it didn't discourage him either.

So I gave in, since it's not like he's doing any harm. But I don't like the idea of him drinking dirty, soapy water, so I started putting a bowl of water in the tub, which he seems happy to drink out of.

Zoid drinks

He seems to always be a bit dehydrated whenever I take him to the vet, so I'm glad to give him any excuse to drink more water.

Now, in the mornings, he sits outside my door and cries to be let in - not to be petted, not for me to get up and feed him ... but for me to open the bathroom door so he can get in the tub.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...he is definitely odd, but hey aren't cats (and most pets) suppose to look and act more like their owners as the get older? :)

    ReplyDelete