Monday, May 21, 2007

Heroes finale

Hidden behind the ... are my thoughts about the finale.

Much too late, I thought about live blogging the whole thing. Oh well.

How do you stop an exploding man? Apparently, you don't.

So. Anticlimactic. But I'm not sure what would have been good enough - a full-on rumble between Sylar and Peter? Maybe.

It all seemed too staged. And a little hokey, although Heroes has a little bit of a history with cheese.

I did like that they worked together at the end, although - again - it was like each waited his or her turn to step in and take a shot.

And I was disappointed in Peter. He seemed like he was increasingly strong and independent by the end of the season. To have him go running back to Nathan begging for his help wasn't what I wanted. I felt like Peter took a big step backwards in this episode: running to Nathan, not being able to control his powers ... even the emo hair was back!

That said, a couple of things:
  1. Liked that Nathan and Peter repeated the dialogue from Peter's preminition dream. Although we still don't know where Peter got the dreams from, do we? We assume the dying guy, but I'm not sure of that.


  2. I don't think Peter or Nathan is dead. Peter's not, since he can probably heal from the explosion ... I guess unless it completely destroyed his brain, which an explosion might have ... although it didn't kill him in the possible future we saw a few weeks ago. And we know that Nathan can fly very, very fast. He could have taken Peter up and let go, jetting away just as Peter started to blow. However, I don't think we'll see either right away in the new season; I'm guessing that one or both might pop up unexpectedly in the middle of season two (or even three).


  3. Hee! Sylar slithers into the sewers!

So. Overall, an awesome season. I have a really hard time remembering that it's only the first season - there was so much growth and change. A really fun season too. Let's cross our fingers for a good season two!

0 comments:

Post a Comment