Monday, June 04, 2007

Photos! Updated!

I took some pictures late night/today when I was working on the fake stained glass panels I'm doing for the windows in the new apartment. I'm not sure how practical what I'm doing is, but I kinda like the look.

Updated to add the photos!

gold leading

Found a pattern I liked; after much uncertain editing, I printed out what I thought was a usable size. I bought a plastic base thing and some "paint peel and stick-on transparent paint." That's the gold leading design.

drying time

Then we fill in the colors - I'm trying to tie together my green/purple/gold living room colors with my likely blue/purple breakfast nook. Dry overnight and ...

finished

The paint peels off (although it also likes to separate at the seams) and sticks to the window. Right now I'm doing 8x10-inch panels, which I don't know if is the right plan. I'm going to do 3 or 4 and fit them together and see how I like it. If it doesn't work, well I'm out about $13.

0 comments:

Post a Comment