Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What I'm watching this summer

TV Squad is doing a series of "What I'm watching this summer" posts ... so I thought I'd do one of my own. But I'm not limiting it to five shows.

Organized by network ...

USA:

"The Starter Wife" - A miniseries, not a series. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. But I'm a little disappointed with the direction they've taken Joe Mantegna's character ... I would have liked him more as an unexpected romantic rival for Molly's affection. I'm not a big fan of 'homeless guy'.

"The 4400" - Just started the new season. I like this show when it's on, then completely forget about it when it's not. Hope we don't get too many 'monster of the week' plots ...

"The Dead Zone" - Also just started. I have the first episode on TiVo. Another show I tend to forget about when it's not on, but also tend to lose interest in midway through the season. I think it needs stronger season-long arcs.

"Burn Notice" (June 28) - Not on yet, but as I've said before, I'll watch Bruce Campbell in almost anything.

"Psych" (July 13) - Season one was cute, and I hope for a better season two.

"Monk" (July 13) - Sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't. Traylor Howard has grown on me. I prefer the episodes that aren't all about making fun of what a freak Monk is. The show can have a lot of heart, when it wants to.

FX:

"Rescue Me" - I had a hard time re-engaging with season premiere - I think there were just a lot of plot strands that needed to be addressed. I suspect I'll get pulled in as the season continues. Oh, and I hate Janet more and more with each new season.

PBS:

"Mystery: Foyle's War, Series IV" - Yay! Didn't know it was back on until I turned to PBS on Sunday, wondering what was on "Mystery!" this week. Love this show and so excited for new episodes.

SCI-FI:

"Doctor Who" (July 6) - Yay, again! "Torchwood" is finally coming to BBC America too, but in the fall so it doesn't count here.

BBC AMERICA:

"Hex" - I think I like this show more in theory than in practice.

The N:

"Degrassi: The Next Generation" (June 29) - I was really addicted for a while, but the lengthy hiatuses have broken me down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment