Monday, July 02, 2007

I think I'm depressed

And I suspect it has a lot to do with my friend leaving ...

I've been generally sad since Rob left, but I think it just hit me this morning that I'm actually quite depressed about it. I spent all weekend being very dissatisfied with life in general, unable to settle to anything, going to sleep at night because, well, at least the day is over and I can try again. It's not a severe or debilitating depression, but I'm having a very hard time motivating myself to do anything at all, which isn't helpful since I move in a month.

I actually got up early today and I'm dressed and ready to go at least an hour earlier than usual on a weekday. I think I'll take the opportunity to drive over to the used bookstore and get rid of the last load of books, then go by the new apartment and find out exactly how much money I need to give them when I move in - I've been trying to put money aside each paycheck, but somehow this month got away from me (and when I'm depressed, I often resort to retail therapy). I know I'll manage, and I've figured out how to pay for the move, but I thought I'd done a better job of planning ahead.

I also look like a waiter today in my black pants and white shirt. I should go change.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering when it would hit it you. I wanted to send you some love. Border's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I need to go home after work - I'm expecting a call from my parents. I'll see you on Wednesday.

    But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are losing a friend. Living near a military base I still deal with families and friends who move away every few years. Thought I was done with that when we moved here! Can't remember when I suddenly got so old - of course that's probably because I'm old. I always thought of people in their 30's and 40's as middle aged and now I'm there. The 20 year high school reunion isn't helping either...

    ReplyDelete