Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Post-vacation notes #1: No particular order

This is what I've learned about flying the red eye (you=I):
  1. Get a good night's sleep the night before - because you won't sleep on the plane.
  2. Change your clothes before going to the airport; otherwise, you end up realizing, as you wait for your connection in Charlotte, that you've been wearing the same thing for nearly 24 hours.
  3. Everyone around you wants to sleep, and they don't care if sticking their feet up against the window so you get a big whiff prevents you from dozing off.
  4. Taking the left over olive and sourdough bread from breakfast with you to eat as you wait in Charlotte? F-ing brilliant. Stale (after sitting in my bag all day) or not, Bread and Cie is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. notes to your notes

    1. I can sleep ONLY if I have been up early and all day. That is very hard when you are trying to deal with time zone switch.

    2. Not only a change of clothes, but a shower if possible. For some reason airplanes make me feel icky and I must shower right before and after I have been on them.

    3. no response..just ugh!! WHO DOES THAT????

    4. lol...I've tried leftover almost everything and for some reason it barely works on planes. Oddly, a homemade breakfast sandwich does, but of course you always have time to do that when you are traveling away from home.

    Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete