Saturday, May 24, 2008

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"

Previews: Hellboy II: The Golden Army (maybe - the "Pan's Labyrinth" element looks very strong); The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (I think not); Kung Fu Panda (no); Eagle Eye (meh)

I'm going to try to avoid spoilers here, and just say that "Indiana Jones" was really exactly what you'd expect it to be. Would be nice if it were something more ... but it's really not. I understand the logic of the MacGuffin choice, but to me it just didn't quite fit.

Harrison Ford looked old, especially at the beginning and end. Karen Allen looked lovely, and Cate Blanchett was awesome, as usual.

So - mostly fun, didn't find the CGI too distracting. The beginning was kinda creaky, but it got better as we got in. And I complained to myself the whole time about the inconsistent magnetism issue ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment