Sunday, May 04, 2008

"Iron Man"

Previews: Don't Mess with the Zoltan (we came in during), The Dark Knight, The Incredible Hulk, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Love Guru - As K said, they certainly know their audience.

I think the best thing I can say for "Iron Man" is that it made me smile all the way through. Nothing revolutionary here, but a lot of fun. Love Robert Downey Jr., as always, and his constant running commentary.

Had the thought, near the beginning with Stark captured, that for all his flamboyant lifestyle, he seemed like a guy who could actually make do with very little. Plus - what kind of fool gives a genius engineer full access to weapons tech and doesn't expect to get blown up?

And I thought the last line of the movie was great - what a great place to end it.

ETA: That's the end of the movie proper, not the post-credits tag, which I didn't see in the theater but have since caught on YouTube.

0 comments:

Post a Comment