Sunday, May 18, 2008

Project day!

Yesterday, my plan was to clean clean clean - so instead I did projects.

I went to the hardware store to price shades/screens to put up on my patio - I've been wanting something to block the view of the air conditioners and my neighbors since I moved in. I found a rolling shade the right size for less than $20, so score!

Since I was there (this is a lie - being there reminded me of other projects, but once I found the shade, I forgot about them; when I got home, I remembered and went to a different hardware store), I also bought three small wooden planks to use to put a new top on one of my end tables - an overwatered plant damaged the top, so I thought it's a good opportunity to do a paper mosaic on it.

AND, as I was looking around, I also decided to finally buy spray paint to repaint my kitchen chairs, two of which I did yesterday. Which took a long time, so the other two will wait until next weekend.

PLUS, I've been thinking about what to do with all the remnant fabric I've been buying lately, and decided to use two pieces to make a purse. I'm very picky about purses, and I've not seen a pattern online I liked, so I just kinda eyeballed it. I still need to attach a shoulder strap, and I'm not satisfied with the inside - I have a couple of ideas about how to add an internal divider, but at least one involves ripping out the lining I already made so ...

Computer crash! Yay for autosave.

Anyway, today will involve vacuuming and taking all the pics off the curtain wall and resetting the curtains to make them more of a background color and less of a feature. And there are more pics, so I need to figure out how to make them all work on the wall now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment