Sunday, June 29, 2008

My problem with cars

Let's get this out of the way first - I'm not buying a new car in the immediate future. The car I'm currently driving should be paid off in February, though, and I'd really like to buy a new one sometime next year.

But here's the fundamental problem - the practical side of me knows that I should get something new with great MPG. The rest of me wants to get something (a) funky and/or (b) old.

Or the 2005 Jaguar X-Type 4D Sedan at Carmax. No no no no no. Not practical. And at $18,000 with 23K on it, it won't be there in a year.

So ... a combination of funky and practical.

Cars I'm thinking about: Honda Fit, Volkswagen Rabbit, Toyota Yaris. Minor research indicates the Yaris or Fit is most practical. Or - I used to want a Scion, so maybe I'll look at the xD.

Sigh.

ETA: Oh, man - I looked up local cars on eBay - that was a mistake. Easily 3 or 4 I wish I could buy!!

2 comments:

  1. While in the orthodontist's office today (I'll blog about that later) I came across an article about cars. It lead to cartango.com and a quiz where you can find your soulmate vehicle. I ran through the quiz and it actually came up with a car very much like the one I own. Thought you might like to have a look.

    ReplyDelete