Friday, August 15, 2008

Rain!

1. Thunderstorm warning, but no rain. I decide to run to the store.

2. 30 secs. after I get into the car, starts to rain.

3. Nowhere to park at the store. Cars moving slowly, trying to pull up to doors to pick up passengers. I park far away because I'd rather get wet than deal with these people.

4. The puddles of water are warm and my shoes are full.

5. Pick up items. Go to one of 2 or 3 registers where no one is waiting. Check out - yay.

6. Approx. 520 people gathered inside around the doors, unwilling to go out. I sigh and think to myself, "you'd think it was fire falling from the sky instead of rain."

7. Half-way across parking lot, HUGE streak of lightning/clap of thunder immediately above my head. I squeal and mentally apologize for previous bad thoughts.

8. Can almost see the road driving back to work. Soaked from knees down, and parts of arms, back. Wish I could change my jeans.

9. Within 5-10 mins. after getting back to the office, rain stops.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but it made me laugh out loud. I've done the same thing, often with children in tow.

    Like the new haircut, very grown up and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete