Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Trying to come up with new ways to make lemonade

Here's the news: laid off. Again. Last day is the end of next week.

Surprised me a little, although it probably should not have. I have a few leads here, and I sent out two resumes today ... in addition to the occasional resume I've been sending out for the past six months. I also picked up an application for a part-time job at a local craft store, if push comes to shove.

My plans for this weekend - visiting Mom and Dad - haven't changed.

I want to do some serious thinking this weekend, and decide by the end of the month if I want to try to stick it out in Raleigh or put everything in storage or what.

Just keep thinking good thoughts and sending those job openings my way. I've done this before and survived - I'll get through this time too.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Have you considered looking into news editing at a local TV or radio station? Anything interesting in the educational field, local or state government? Just casting around thoughts. Love you and see you Friday.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the news. We'll catch up this weekend...

    ReplyDelete