Saturday, September 13, 2008

Waffle day

Went to bed too late last night, then was woken at 3:30am by a problem at work (about which I could do nothing). Up until 4:30am at least, and seemed like it felt forever before I fell back asleep.

So when my alarm went off at 7:30am this morning, I got up, fed the cat, and went back to sleep. So much for my early morning walk (to beat the heat).

Finally up sometime after 10am, and decided I wanted waffles. Actually, this idea started late the night before, and now it could be brunch. To the store! for milk, eggs, strawberries, whipped cream (in a can) and syrup.

Except, of course, I didn't immediately go to the store. Showered first. And checked the twitter feed for someone I know is in Houston. And check my email to make sure last night's problem was eventually solved.

So it's noon before I go to the store and 1pm before I'm cooking, and here it is, 2:20pm and I just finished eating 4 waffles, with cream and a little syrup and lots of sliced strawberries. And coffee ... good, good coffee.

Better now.

Photo for today:



Butterflies? What butterflies?

0 comments:

Post a Comment