Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Buying a new phone

About four years ago, my office decided to give me a cell phone - I was expected to be on call nights and some weekends, and needed to be easily reachable.

Now that this job is ending, I find myself needing a new phone. I switched a few months ago to a VOIP-type home number, but for all its cost savings, it's not always very reliable at receiving incoming calls. This is a problem since that's the number on my resume and, you know, I'd like people to be able to at least leave a message.

The plus side is that it does seem to do OK with call forwarding ... as long as I have a number to forward to.

So I've spent some time over the past few weeks looking at cell phones, more specifically pre-paid options. It's all really confusing, but I think I'm going to go with an inexpensive AT&T GoPhone and see how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment