Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

I worked in news for more than six years, and as such, I've tried to keep my political opinions generally to myself. I think it's a mistake to think that journalists (and others in the media) don't have opinions, but it was never my job to impress my opinions on others. I worked hard to keep my opinions out of my work; I never donated to any politician, or attended any rallies, although I have donated to specific causes.

I've usually kept my political opinions off my blog as well, because I know that I have friends and family whose political opinions differ from my own, and it's no secret how any of us feel.

However, it's election day. And here's where I stand:

Vote for ObamaNo on Prop 8
(This is California proposition 8, which obviously I can't vote on, but I think it still needs to be said because I know/love people out there.)



(and now I'll stop editing this post)

2 comments:

  1. How was the election party? Any surprises? The kids and I watched results for a while then had to call it a night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party went OK - it was a bit on the quiet side. I think it was just too many people for the small space I have.

    ReplyDelete