Thursday, November 13, 2008

Have you seen this food?

I'm having a terrible time finding what I want - if you have either of these in your grocery story, email me and let's work something out:

A Taste of Thai Peanut Sauce Mix - Not pad thai sauce, not in a jar, not peanut bake mix. I love this with coconut milk and chicken over rice. I've been to at least 4 different stores, no one seems to have this particular sauce any more (even if the grocery store web site says otherwise).

Celestial Seasonings Sugar Plum Spice tea - I didn't really drink this when I got it, but a few months ago picked up the box when I was cleaning out my pantry and made a cup and fell in love. And no one is stocking it - at least not yet. I have more hope for this one in the next month or so.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Mom will check at the commissary when she goes on Monday. Did you check at World Market for the peanut sauce? Hope to see you at D and G's on turkey day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP says you can make it the sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried several recipes for peanut sauce, and none are as good as the Taste of Thai stuff. And of course I've made such a big deal of it to myself that when I do get it, I'll be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think our local grocery has the peanut sauce. I'll check this weekend. I will also send you the recipie I have.

    ReplyDelete