Saturday, February 07, 2009

DVD shelf rewatch: Amélie

1. When did you first see this movie?
I don't really remember. It must have been on DVD sometime in 2002, but it's all a bit of a blur. Maybe I rented it when visiting my parents?

2. What is the movie about? Why did you buy the DVD?
Amélie is a young woman raised by a neurotic mother and a distant father. She moves to Paris and works in a cafe, and tries to anonymously help the people around her. She falls for a young man who collects discarded photos from photo booths, but doesn't really understand how to form normal relationships.

I loved it.

3. How often do you watch this movie?
Very seldom. Before watching it tonight, I cannot remember when I last saw it.

4. What is your favorite thing about this movie?
The way it looks. I love the colors and the cinematography and the little details. And I always love a movie about destiny.

5. Did you see anything new when watching the movie this time?
I don't know if I realized how odd Amélie really is. She's quite vengeful and strange. Her absolute inability to connect to other people was more apparent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment