Saturday, June 20, 2009

The one that didn't get away

Missed out on a kitchen table left near the dumpster last week. Found this lovely little desk out there today. Didn't hesitate. Wiped it down, tightened the legs, and it's good to go. It has a drawer, which sticks a little, but is workable.

It is a little banged up, and maybe needs a little paint on the top. I might do something funky with it ... or just leave it. I just love it.

ETA: I'm contemplating painting the top surface and front of the drawer a pale green. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Your sister is right - take, decide, and return if it doesn't fit in. A little bar soap or candle wax on the drawer might help it to slide more easily. I think it is lovely - to paint or not is up to you. I'm one to leave it as is and live with it a while before changing it. Am half way thru Dead and Gone; will be done tomorrow. Love ya'

    ReplyDelete