Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"

Previews: 9, GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Shorts, Where the Wild Things Are

I liked it a lot. Much funnier than I expected. There were a lot of cuts - naturally - but the only two that seemed really, painfully obvious were the way the actual story of the "half-blood prince" was mostly ignored (and then shoe-horned in at the end), and the absence of a funeral at the end. Tom Felton did a terrific job with Draco's unhappiness and conflicted feelings, and of course Alan Rickman is always great.

My reaction to how the death in this movie was treated was pretty similar to that in "Order of the Phoenix" - again, I didn't feel like there was enough mourning. In the newer movie, it was a little better, and I know that this death will echo longer ... but I still feel like it happens and everyone moves on more quickly than they should.

0 comments:

Post a Comment