Saturday, October 03, 2009

Chai latte cupcakes

When I was in LA last summer, my friend Rob brought me cupcakes from Sprinkles. One was chai latte, and it was unusual and quite tasty.

Since then, I've occasionally had the urge to make them (or something similar), which I finally gave into yesterday. It's a vegan recipe I found at Love and Olive Oil.

I switched out skim milk for the soy (soy gives me a stomach ache), and ran out of vanilla, so used 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond flavoring. I also didn't make my own frosting, sub-ing in a store-bought whipped cream cheese frosting instead.

ETA (for the 4th time) - I think if/when I make these again, I would still use the almond flavor, but maybe 1/2 of it.

They taste really good, although obviously different from the one I got in LA. Surprisingly low cal too: one cupcake (made with skim milk) has about 166 calories w/o frosting.

And now I cannot stop eating them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment