Saturday, October 31, 2009

Say 'hello' to my little friend


I do believe he is the cutest thing I've ever bought online. He's from the Black Apple -I've bought several prints and a painting from her, and I've loved everything. I was going to be this painting for Halloween, but didn't have time to put together the skirt. Maybe next year.

Emily's work is very in demand - at least, her updates sell out within minutes of being listed in her shop, so the only way to get one is to show up on time, hit reload every few seconds until items start appearing, and then either (1) don't be choosy, or (2) know what you want ahead of time and hope you get lucky. I mostly go by #1. I clicked on one of the bandit dolls, but she was sold. Then I clicked on the first cat dollie I saw and snagged him. I always make sure I'm logged into Etsy and that Paypal is ready to go. I click, click "purchase", and check out immediately - just because it's in your cart doesn't mean it's yours until it's paid for.

I love him, love him, love him ... and now he needs a name ...

ETA Oh dear. I believe he's just named himself Deeley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment