Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm spending this Thanksgiving by myself - somewhere between my desire to control the meal and my need to work for at least a few hours today, it seemed like the best idea this year.

It was gray and foggy this morning, but cleared by afternoon.


I made guinea hen with oranges, maple-ginger roasted vegetables, fig and almond stuffing, mashed sweet potato, and brown butter custard mini pies with cranberry glaze. There's orange-cranberry relish too, but I didn't make that.




Overall, I'd say it was an interesting experiment, but mostly a failure. The bird cooked very unevenly, and I had to put it back in when I started to cut off a leg and found it bloody inside. I didn't like the stuffing very much. The veggies were OK, but cold by the time I ate. The pie was good tasting, but I'm not sure what was up with the crust (the part I ate didn't have any) and the idea of making it in a cupcake pan was better in theory than in execution.

And now it's raining. Hm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment