Sunday, August 08, 2010

Unplanned movie marathon

Well, OK, it started with an unplanned My Name is Earl marathon starting on Saturday night and ending Sunday morning.

Sunday afternoon was all about the zombie movies, however. Starting with "Zombieland," which I liked a lot more than I thought I would. Poor Bill Murray.

Then "Dead Snow," which is about German Nazi zombies. One of the characters tosses out "Friday the 13th," "Evil Dead" (one and two), and "April Fools Day," near the beginning, and I could see the influence. Of the three, I'm most familiar with the "Evil Dead" movies, so their influence stood out right away, even before the chainsaw made its appearance. Organized zombies make for quite a change. Lots and lots and lots of intestines getting pulled out. A good movie, though, if you're a fan of the zombie genre (which I guess I am) and don't mind subtitles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment