- "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson (10/5)
- "The Graveyard Book" by Neil Gaiman (10/11)
- "The Fry Chronicles" by Stephen Fry (10/16)
- "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Stieg Larsson (10/20)
- "To Have and To Hold" by Jennifer Baker (10/26)
- "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins (10/29)
With the current book, that'll be 32 for the year. I read 31 (plus 2 short stories) in 2009. I only started keeping track in October 2008, but from that point until the end of the year, I read 34 books (plus 1 short story) - but I also was laid off at the end of 2008, so I wasn't doing much other than reading and looking for a job.