Sunday, November 07, 2010

TV catchup Sunday

Yet again, I've managed to get behind on my TV watching - although now that I look at my list, it's not quite as bad as I thought. So here's today's viewing:
  1. Criminal Minds: "Middle Man" - From last week; I was nearly a month behind, but managed to catch up in the past week or so. I was very into this show for a while, but I've been disappointed with the last season or two. While I don't need every case to somehow reflect back on the personal lives of the characters, now almost everything seems completely disconnected from them. I was really, really disappointed that the show didn't take advantage of Reid's shooting last season to look again at his problem with drug addiction. Now, with AJ Cook being cut from the cast (and I read that Paget Brewster is in fewer episodes this year and gone altogether next), we're down to one female character (although, again, I read that may change next season); I'm actually fine with the show paring down the cast, as there are a lot of characters, but almost all of them are male. JJ's loss, in particular, has really hurt the show. I like Garcia, but only in limited amounts, and having her take over JJ's role is more of her than I need.

  2. Sons of Anarchy: "Turas" - I can pretty much judge my interest in the season's storyline by how quickly I watch the episode. I've moved from Tuesday night/Wednesday morning to Sunday so ... yeah. Still a good show, but the Ireland storyline is taking its time and testing my patience.

  3. The Mentalist: "The Red Ponies", "Pink Chanel Suit" and "Red Hot" - I think I like this show more in theory than in practice. That, or the fact that I do not care in the slightest about any of the (occasional) ongoing arcs, means I seldom remember that I haven't watched it in weeks.

  4. Masterpiece Mystery: "Wallander: The Fifth Woman" - I like this series, but it has taken me a while to get around to this episode.
The one show I didn't get to today was the latest/last episode of Caprica.

(Incidentally, while I really liked the previous flowery background, I found the color and texture of the green center section made reading the text too difficult.)

1 comment: