Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Re-Blondening

By my calculations, I've had brown or brownish-red hair for about three years now. For a long time, I thought that I'd look better with darker hair, and that blonde didn't really suit me. It has been good, and I really liked the color, but it's time for a change.

The lovely lady with me in these photos is Mary, my hairdresser. Check her out at Hair By Mary or on Facebook.

This is, of course, the "before" shot.

First, we have to take the dark color out. I've never had color removed before.

Mary did a good job making sure she didn't get much bleach on my scalp. Almost no pain, despite my terrible expression here.

Bleach is rinsed out, and I'm looking quite orange.

So we start with the color foils.

And continue with the foils...

... and continue.

Foiled!

Then comes the toner for the non-highlighted parts.

Everybody out of the pool.

We were going to go straight to the drying, but Mary thought I needed a nice purple rinse.

Washed and rinsed.

In mid dry.

The final result. It's still too red, but we'll work on toning it down next time.

2 comments:

  1. I love the haircut! It looks great. You make a great blonde, and remember, they do have more fun. (When I died my hair and was forced to dye it back b/c what I did "wasn't Christian," I had orange hair for a while.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!

    ReplyDelete