Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation-o-rama, day 2

We went to Chimney Rock in the late morning, planning on walking up to the Chimney Rock. My vertigo kicked in *hard* by the time we got to Vista Rock (which is just under 1/2 way to the top of Chimney Rock), so I decided to stay where I was. I couldn't even really go out all the way to the edge of Vista Rock without feeling like I was going to fall over, so -- from what I hear of the rest of the walk -- it's a good thing I didn't venture any farther.

Then we walked down the Hickory Nut Falls Trail to the bottom of the waterfall. That was OK, as long as I focused on keeping my footing and not looking over the edge ...



This was all followed by a late lunch and some shopping. The outlet store was a special trip because Cathy and I had heard there was a good selection of purses there ... maybe, but very much not my sense of style. Then home for dinner, followed by a very rambunctious game of Uno. And lots of wine.

For more photos, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    It must be a "blond thing". Colleen had difficulty walking over the bridge when we were in Chicago. As long as she looked straight ahead and not to the left or right, she was OK. Don't think my redheads suffer from this, but I may be wrong. Glad you were able to get down without too much trouble. Love ya'

    ReplyDelete