Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vacation-o-rama

My sister and her family rented a house on Lake Lure for a week and, since I'm only about 4 hours away, invited me to stay with them. I drove across on Saturday afternoon, getting stuck in an unexpected traffic jam in Chapel Hill and then, relatively close to my destination, hitting rain so hard that I had to pull over because I couldn't see. Luckily, it had stopped by the time I got to the twisty, turny roads up to the cabin.

Everyone has told me that I'd really like the western part of the state, and it is nice out here. I had several moments of thinking what a really beautiful state this is, like when the road turns and suddenly there's a mountain in front of you. And there are a *ton* of deer around.

We spent this morning at the lake, and I dared to actually wear my bathing suit, the top of which I think I've had for years, but not sure I every actually wore. The bottoms are from last year and ... nope, never wore those before either. I didn't swim but did walk out into the lake and rode in the kayak while my bro-in-law paddled, so that was fun.

Tomorrow, we go to Chimney Rock, I think, and maybe to do some shopping -- I saw a purse that was almost, but not quite, entirely awesome, so we'll see what else they have.



For more photos, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment