Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wildflowers (They're back!)

I have a window box planter that I've never kept in a window. Last year, I planted a packet of wildflower seeds to see what would grow and a few things came up. And it looks like those same flowers are back this year!


I thought that this one flowered last year too, but I'm not seeing it in the previous posts. I *think* that the not-yet-flowering plant right next to it is probably volunteer torenia, but we'll have to wait to see if it actually gets flowers.


This is motherwort, which also grew really well last year. I'm calling her Hazel again, since that's what I named the one last year. There are actually a bunch of motherwort plants that are growing, but this is the biggest and the only one with buds so far.


Not my wildflowers, obviously, but a wide shot of the bushes that I posted on Facebook last week. The flowers smell so lovely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment