Saturday, November 30, 2013

CWE: "Amélie" (2001)

I haven't watched this one in ages (which is, of course, the point of this exercise). And there's a whole disc of bonus content that I've never watched ... and won't be tonight either.

  • Got my FBI warning then a blank screen. Hmm. OK, not sure what I did, but it's playing.
  • I do love a romantic movie about fate and people who are clearly meant to be together *just* missing each other until they finally meet. I'm a sucker for a good romance in general.
  • OMG -- I just realized, after thinking about how different this movie is to the previous four entries, that "Amélie" is directed by the same guy who directed "Alien: Resurrection." AND has one of the same actors.
  • I like that we get to hear what the cat likes.
  • I love her hair pinned up. I can never get mine to stay.
  • So many beautiful gardens in this movie. I need a garden. And money.
  • I really like garden gnomes. When I have a garden...
  • Oh, this movie makes me wish I lived in Paris. Although I'm sure I'd not actually want to live there (I'm not a city girl).
  • I love the colors and the sets in this movie. There are some that just hit me in the sweet spot.
  • I like Amélie's sense of retribution.
  • I'm out of bourbon. Not relevant to the movie, but I thought I'd mention it since I'm not saying much else.
  • Now I want to watch "Blue," "White" and "Red," but I don't have them on DVD ... oh, the very small number of French films I've owned ...
  • Oh, good, we're finally getting around to Nino
  • Aw, swimming babies.
  • Yes, I have so little to say about this movie. It's adorable and the main character is quirky without being annoying, but also sometimes kind of awful.
  • It's sweet. She's so very shy. And sad.
  • Sandshoes! I still don't know where that nickname comes from.
  • And her plans begin to backfire.
  • Stop leaving all those candles burning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment