Saturday, February 01, 2014

CWE: "Chasing Amy" (1997)

Summary: A comic book artist falls for a lesbian and they try to make their relationship work, until it doesn't.
  • Yeah, so despite the promise to watch sequels in chronological (rather than alphabetical) order, I'm not doing that with the Kevin Smith movies that all take place in the View Askewniverse.
  • I love the racial discussion of Star Wars.
  • I don't love Jason Lee the way I used to, but he was so great at this point. Although he so doesn't know what to do with his hands.
  • So much of my affection for Ben Affleck as an actor seems to be tied to his presence in Kevin Smith's movies.
  • The Jaws scar comparison scene... I like that Banky and Alissa seem to really enjoy each other's company in this scene. It's one of few.
  • Oh, Ben Affleck's puffy '90s hair.
  • Banky is such an idiot.
  • Hee hee hee. Random Matt Damon.
  • Man, everyone smokes in this movie.
  • Banky is such an idiot.
  • Oooh, shaky hand-held camera! Emotional!
  • I think I was at exactly the right age to start watching Kevin Smith movies. Clerks. came out in 1994 and I saw it in London while studying abroad and it was the *perfect* moment of homesick nostalgia that I needed. While Smith's movies are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I love (most of) them.
  • As big of an idiot as Banky is, he was very correct about this relationship being doomed.
  • Oh, Holden. No no no no no.
  • I do love it when she slaps him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment