Saturday, February 01, 2014

CWE: "Children of Men" (2006)

Summary: In the not-so-distant future, women have become infertile and the human race is dying out. A man agrees to transport a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary.
  • Love Alfonso CuarĂ³n. One of my favorite directors.
  • It's been a very, very long time since I saw this movie. I've owned it for years, but I actually opened the packaging for the first time today when I put it in the player.
  • I've read the book this movie is based on. It's by PD James, who I generally really like as a mystery writer, but I didn't love this one.
  • I do love a post-apocalyptic movie, even when the apocalypse is slow and steady rather than all at once.
  • I've always been incredibly indifferent to Julianne Moore. Not sure why.
  • That *is* Ed Westwick! Chuck!
  • Oh, the animals love Theo. (Doesn't everyone love Clive Owen?)
  • Charlie Hunnam! Did not recognize him at all.
  • I'm telling you -- own lots of good shoes. You'll need them when the apocalypse comes.
  • Heh -- Theo is wearing a London 2012 Olympics sweatshirt.
  • Theo does a lot of eavesdropping.
  • I don't mean this to turn into a "Hey! It's that Guy!" list, but I love Peter Mullan. Despite his character talking about himself in the third person. And ultimately being kinda evil.
  • I have so little to say.
  • Oh, the poor little dog. Getting carried around like that.
  • Long scene with blood spatter on the camera lens.
  • Lots and lots of people die in this movie. You'd think, maybe with the human race dying out and all, that this would not be the case.
  • Poor Theo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment