Saturday, March 22, 2014

CWE: "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" (2008)

Skipped: "Doctor Who" (which, really should have come earlier in this list...), "Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist" season 1.

Summary: Dr. Horrible battles Capt. Hammer for the love of Penny, and to prove himself worthy of joining the Evil League of Evil. Much singing ensues.

  • "George R. R. Martin, Joss Whedon, and Steven Moffat walk into a bar and everyone you've ever loved dies." 
  • Although a different background and creative process, I mentally associate this project with the "Veronica Mars" Kickstarter. Maybe because I bought this DVD (and the soundtrack) to help support the creators and encourage more. And, of course, the ongoing discussion about whether or not a new type of funding/production/release will fundamentally change the way movies are made. (Hint: Probably not). 
  • I really love the Bad Horse Chorus.
  • "You look horribly familiar."
  • "Brand New Day" is my favorite of the songs, I think.
  • By act 3 we more or less forget the blog stuff, yeah?
  • I also love that Bad Horse is an actual horse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment