Saturday, August 09, 2014

CWE: "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" (2001)

Summary: After learning that the "Bluntman and Chronic" comics that Banky and Holden drew based on them are being turned into a movie, Jay and Silent Bob go to Hollywood to either get the compensation they deserve or prevent the movie from being made.

I warn you up front, I'm so not in the mood for this one. And I'll probably only pay about 1/100th of my attention to it. But I've reached a bottleneck and need to push through!
  • We start at the Clerks convenience store.
  • And now Brodie from Mallrats. The comments about every studio buying up comic books to turn them into movies is even more relevant now than it was in 2001.
  • Holden! With meta commentary about the juvenile humor in the movies that Kevin Smith kept making... and about Ben Affleck.
  • Mooby's. Was trying to remember where this one fell in sequence with "Clerks II" -- despite Dante and Randal being in the Quick Stop at the beginning.
  • I do like the guys trying to get comfortable standing in front of a different convenience store.
  • I have a lot less patience for the gay jokes and the aggressive objectification of women than I used to, I guess.
  • And far too many glances at the camera.
  • Hee hee hee. Cyril! (aka Scott William Winters)
  • Also, I really love Jason Lee's smile. And yes, Banky is gay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment