Saturday, August 16, 2014

CWE: "Juno" (2007)

Summary: After having sex with her best friend, high school student Juno finds herself pregnant. She decides to give the baby to Mark and Vanessa in a private adoption.

I don't think I'm going to do my usual bullet point this for this one. I know that this movie has its detractors, but I like it a lot. Yes, the dialogue tries way too hard, especially at the start, and there's a solid dose of quirk for quirk's sake, but I really like Ellen Page. Her face breaks my heart. And pretty much all of the actors in the movie are great, although to be honest, I've never really loved Jennifer Garner -- although she works very well here. I like that, although Mark seems like the cool one and Vanessa like the uptight bad guy, Mark is actually a weak, sketchy guy who doesn't want to grow up while Vanessa is an actual adult. Also: random Daniel Clark (from early Degrassi)! And no cell phones is weird. And J.K. Simmons is awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment