Saturday, August 02, 2014

"Guardians of the Galaxy" (2014)

Previews: Interstellar, Dumb and Dumber To; The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies; Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day; Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb; Annie; Big Hero 6

So. I'd heard a lot of very good things about "Guardians of the Galaxy" and it was a very fun movie. But somehow I expected something just a little more. The animation work for Rocket and Groot was very good -- and Groot was just great generally. But maybe it was the overcrowded theater, or the guy next to me who kept looking at his phone, or the endless parade of HITG!s (Lee Pace (yes, I knew he was in it), John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Sean Gunn, Peter Serafinowicz, Sharif Atkins, Brendan Fehr, Emmett Scanlan ... and I didn't even recognize Nathan Fillion!), but I never really got completely wrapped up in it. It was so much more sci-fi than most modern comic book movies have been, which is kinda cool. Somehow, I wanted something just slightly more.


0 comments:

Post a Comment