Saturday, February 07, 2015

CWE: "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" (2001)

Summary: Hobbits, rings, etc.

Not sure how much I'm going to have to say about this one. The first of the trilogy, of course, and knowing how long they'd take to watch has been making me procrastinate. I liked the series well enough -- obviously, since I bought the DVDs -- but it's not one that I go back to rewatch much. I've still never read all of the books; I got bogged down in the middle of "The Two Towers," and, honestly, I feel like I didn't read it at the right time. I know a number of big fans who read the books when they were relatively young and it had a huge impact on them. I started them as an adult, even long after college. As a result, I don't feel like I have a history with the story. I don't have a lot of comparisons or deep thoughts or whatever to share.

Also, I'm doing like 6 other things and not really paying attention.


0 comments:

Post a Comment